Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sept. 29, 2010

a gift

last night we had chuck and tia over for dinner
i was so surprised when she handed me this beautiful candle!
wow
i wasn't expecting anything other then a lovely evening together
connecting after too long


a pleasant surprise
you know how much i love hummingbirds.
how beautiful is this?
it got me thinking about the art of being thoughtful
i believe in some ways it is becoming a lost art
the art of thinking of someone else
and doing or saying something for them

tia is thoughtful
and caring
and alive
here is a quote off her fb page:

Love through me, Love of God.
Make me like thy clear air
through which, unhindered, colors pass
As if it were not there.
--(Amy Carmichael)


i encourage you to do something for someone tomorrow 
or today
whenever you read this
write them a note, give them a call, 
buy them a cupcake,
make time for them in your busy schedule

practice the art of thoughtfulness
it is such a blessing

i am blessed by my little candle
it's soft glow warms my heart 
because i know the heart who gave it to me

what about you?
who are you going to be thoughtful towards?

go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment