Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29, 2010

fog and rain

some people avoid the beach at this time
i am the opposite
i love the beach when it is like this

i have spent many many a time 
walking along wet rocks to the roar
of wind swept waves
lawrencetown beach
it suits me

don't get me wrong
the beach is nice on a sunny day
but when it is wild, and dark, and foggy
i am drawn there 

i remember once standing on the shore
being so overwhelmed by the power of the ocean waves
that i lifted my arms in praise to God
i quietly began to sing
and then through the fog i saw a stranger walking
towards me

what did i do?
i smiled
and kept praising.
a raging sea makes me realize how small
i am 
the fog makes me realize that i can't see without faith
the wind rattles me to the core

and i leave walking taller
and stronger
and wetter!
:-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the ocean when it's turbulent - sounds weird, but there's something so serene in all that majesty and fury. But then again I love to stand outside in a thunderstorm to and just say wow....

    love ya
    xx Bonnie xx

    ReplyDelete