Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7, 2010

a lovely weed

I saw this growing along the side of the road on our
way out to Hottest Sparrow yesterday.

I admit I have a bit of a problem.
I love flowers to the point of obsession.
So as we are driving along I see these lovely beauties and I say
to Bob..
"oh honey stop I want to get some of those to plant in my garden"
"but they are weeds"
"no they aren't.. they are wildflowers"
"i think they'd be invasive"

But...
he stopped!!

Bob is a good man that way.


It is amazing a difference a day can make though
because today I went out and looked at them
and thought...
hmmm...
I remember these.
I planted some last spring (red flowers though) and the flowers
lasted a couple of weeks and then the plants are
lanky and ugly and invasive.


ahhh Bob was right!
but I don't mind.
I still got a lovely photo out of those beautiful yellow weeds/wildflowers.
they added some color to our otherwise grey day.


they are very pretty, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment